Thursday, February 6, 2014

We're Going to Komikon Baguio

The 2nd Annual Komikon Baguio takes place tomorrow, February 8, Saturday at BBCCC Building, Assumption Road, Baguio City.

I'm attending the event with my family and we're pretty excited. We're actually preparing stuff as I type these words (its 4:38 am haha) and we'll be traveling a few hours from now.

Anyway, just a quick update here about whats we have in store for the con.

First off, here's the official poster. And yeps, I've been invited as one of the guest speakers. Woot!


Yesterday, we got the freshly-printed of My Wife Is Pregnant and so we're ready to rock. We hope people from Baguio will check out our autobio book (which I often market as "A Survival Guide for Expectant Dads" haha). This one costs P70!




We'll also selling our new comic - Baby Days, the sequel to our first book. Obviously, this tackles about our lives as new parents. I 'd like to mention as well that 4 pages of this story is about our first Baguio vacation as a family. It was fun drawing popular spots in the city as well as about our experience during the first Komikon Baguio! :)

I'm not sure about the price yet (I'll find out later after we get the copies) but rest assured it will be cheaper than MWIP because it has fewer pages and B&W cover. In the mean time, let me just tell you how much I love that sweet cover designed by the awesome Jaybee Bonus! :)



Also available on our table is 15 WATTS - a wordless comic by fellow Pangalatoons member Remar Khalid Ragudos. This one is available for free when you purchase any or both of my titles. Be warned though that there are only limited copies of this so visit our table early! Remar will be hanging around our booth as well so be sure to ask him to sign your copy.


Of course, we'll also have copies of SIKAMI: Pangasinense Comic Book Anthology on our table. The book contains five stories from top comic creators namely Bong Redila (PNR 2AM), Patrick Rawrr Enrique (They Call Her Death, I Call Her Destiny), Kevin Rusty Macaraeg (Alevosia), Mark Rosario (My Wife Is Pregnant) and Mel Casipit (Super Cheesy). It also features a special wrap-around cover by DC Comics artist Dexter Soy and pin-ups by Richard Peter David, Remar Khalid Ragudos, Bing Cansino and more. You can get this for P150!


Lastly, sweet tooths would probably love my Joy's homemade chocolates so please drop by our booth. Prices vary depending on the size but be assured they're going to be affordable (and yummy!). Boys, buy one for your crushes or girlfriends and support my wife's first business venture. Haha!
 


 I'll be at table 101 right beside my good buddy Myke Guisinga who'll be doing sketches during the event and selling this Advent Comics poster. Do check out his stuff too!

Also, our son Yuri will be cosplaying something so keep your eyes peeled for our little monster! :)

I really feel this con is going to be fun! So kitakits, mga kabsat!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment