Wednesday, April 11, 2012

One More Page

Another Buhay Indie entry.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Journal entry #27
04/10/12
Greetings again!

Honestly, I thought I’d be able to create lots of pages because of the Lenten break but I only managed to finish one. I guess I got too busy watching movies, doing some home chores, attending our church's General Conference, and simply spending time with my wife. Anyway, I’m glad I still got something done came Araw ng Kagitingan.

While creating the page, I realized something: a single comic strip takes hours to make but only requires a few seconds for readers to finish. Conceptualizing, deciding how many panels a strip needs, and doing the actual artwork is not as easy as it sounds. I’m just so thankful Teardrop and Steph are always around to provide much-needed help along the way. Plus my wife is extremely supportive.

I think I’ve gained bigger admiration for comic creators now than I ever did. Again, creating comics could be a challenge but knowing you have brightened someone’s day (or have at least made them chuckle) makes it all worth it.

Mark Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment